Pattern Tour//Do Guincho Bubble Shorts

September 23, 2013


Today I am happy to share these sweet shorts I made using the marvellous new pattern by my good friend Marta from DoGuincho - her awesome Bubble Shorts.   I tested the pattern for Marta over a month ago and let me tell you, it is awesome!!

Marta is (among other things) a part time architect, and so is very skilled in using some high tech digital drawing software.  Her debut sewing pattern is fully digital with the most fantastically detailed digital drawings and awesome instructions. 


I made these bubble shorts for Juliette from a thrifted bed sheet (which you may have also seen here).  I made her up a little stretch pink t shirt with co-ordinating big flutter sleeves and square applique on the front.
 

 
The shorts are fully lined which means there is no need for seam finishing...this makes them pretty quick to sew up.  I would say these shorts could be sewn by a confident beginner.  They are really cleverly constructed and I think this is a great 'year round' pattern.  I know I will be sewing them up again in some pinwale corduroy next year for our cooler months - how cute would they be with tights or knee high boots...Like Marta made here
 
 
 
I would advise sewing these shorts up in fabrics that do not easily crease so you don't have to iron them carefully (or if you are like me and dislike ironing, choose a fabric that you won't have to iron at all!).
 


This pattern is on sale until the end of September from Marta's etsy shop for only $4.00 USD (The regular price is also just $5.00 USD...such a bargain for such a cute pattern!!!).  To receive the discount, just use the code: RELEASE1 at checkout. 
 

To see some more versions of these lovely shorts, you can visit Marta's blog.

Thanks for having me Marta and congratulations on your first digital pattern - it's a winner!!

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. They are lovely suz well done, Trines x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very pretty suz. I like the yellow fabric and those dots are a pretty detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just adorable! I love the fabric. And it is a great idea to put some on the shirt to match - especially with the ruffle sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suz, they looked great in the flesh too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Suz for this fantastic post about the bubble shorts!
    The fabric you chose is as cute as can be. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you like them Marta...hope the sales are going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the matching top! These shorts are my favorite so far. Well done, Suz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this. such a great idea to use a bed sheet!! Great top too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼